Thanks to Denise for her comment last week. Check it out at the end of last week’s post. This fits into the “L” (love) in my formula for happiness. Remember G + L + F = JOY!!! “Loving what you do in service of those who love what you do”. Thanks Denise for telling people what you love about what they love to do!!! The first step is getting in touch with this through your unique ability – this week’s theme.
- Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
- My favorite quote for the week of April 13th – April 19th: “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.” – Thomas A. Edison
- Dan Sullivan was the first to introduce me to the concept of unique ability. He supports Thomas Edison’s statement, but approaches it a little differently. Once you discover and articulate your unique ability (1% inspiration) – then spend 10,000 hours of “perspiration” getting better and better at it.
- The more you do this – the more love will be in your life.
- The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
- Week Thirteen Assignment – Risk
- Did you exercise your risk-taking muscle and ask for help using XLR8Forward? Reward yourself for every risk taken - no matter how small.
- Week Fourteen Assignment – Put it on Paper!
- This is the week to keep track of how much time you are spending exercising and improving your unique ability. Write down your unique ability on the top of a blank sheet of paper. At the end of each day, write down those activities that fall under your unique ability. Estimate the percentage of time you spent on them. We’ll do a “focusing your unique ability” exercise next week. Just collect some data this week.
- If you are new or would like a refresher on the unique ability process, drop us an e-mail and we’ll get you going.
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog and clicking on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.
- Elaine was talking to one of her new clients and he was blown away after receiving a call from another Leadership Excellence participant – wanting to help in any way he could. I have heard this gentleman’s name before referenced in several “lifelines” as a mentor. That’s what a leadership learning community is all about. Who have you reached out to lately…?
To date, we have 161 subscribers. My goal is 1,000 by year end. We need your help!!! Invite a friend, colleague or sign up your team this week.