THANKS to everyone who has taken the time to follow this blog. It’s been six months and I haven’t missed a week. YEAH BABY!!! I started this blog out for two reasons:
- To get in the discipline of writing – why? – because I often don’t demonstrate a lot of personal discipline and I had convinced myself that not only wasn’t I a very good writer, but I didn’t like to do it.
- I had hoped that this disciplined approach to writing would provide the “habits” necessary to go from a chapter in the Wake Up Live the Life You Love – EMPOWERED book, to a full fledged book about leading a PASSIONATE LIFE.
But what I found is that # 1 was an excuse and # 2 isn’t about a habit, but whether further writing about the wonderful, often transformational, experiences we have shared together in our leadership journeys is truly my PASSION. I have actually enjoyed the experience immensely. Go figure!!!
- Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
- My favorite quote for the week of June 29th – July 5th: “Too often the opportunity knocks, but by the time you disengage the chain, push back the bolt, unhook the two locks and shut off the burglar alarms, it’s too late.” – Rita Coolidge
- As I mentioned in # 1 above, after reading, listening and viewing Wayne Dyer’s latest program Excuses Begone everything was part of my “excuse catalogue” for thinking small. So my BHAG (Big Harry Audacious Goal) is to fulfill my passion by writing the book!
- The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
- Week Twenty Five Assignment – Lavish Love
- I went to Elaine’s aunt’s Golden Jubilee for 50 years being a nun. She and her co-jubilarians know something about lavishing love. WOW! I am an amateur.
- Week Twenty Six Assignment – Take the Week Off
- Acknowledge all the great work you have done so far and luxuriate in your extra free time. Have fun!
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog (click on this blog’s heading – Wake Up the Passionate Leader above) and click on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.
o I saw a “graduate” this week that I haven’t seen in some time because he worked with Elaine. He asked me why we have been hovering just below 200 subscribers for so long. I was impressed that he even knew that – he must actually read them! For that I am sending him a complimentary copy of Wake Up…Live the Life You Love – EMPOWERED, along with a sincere thanks for making my day.
o How would you answer his question? Give me some feedforward. We are all trying to “Be the Best for the World” through our leadership. We are on the same team.
To date, we have 197 subscribers. My goal is 1,000 by year end. We need your help!!! Invite a friend, colleague or sign up your team this week.