This week we found ourselves talking about people who are “failing” in their current jobs and the difficulty addressing this issue. Usually we are the first to know that we are on “the wrong seat on the bus”, but we are afraid to admit “failure”. Rather than look to how we can find a job better suited to our strengths, we will try to hold on - putting our teammates and supervisor in a very uncomfortable situation. The bottom line is first admitting that we are a “duck, trying to attend eagle school” Check out this DVD
- Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
- My favorite quote for the week of March 30th – April 5th: “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end.” – Denis Waitley
- Denis was my second audio mentor after Earl Nightingale. I bought his first audio program: The Psychology of Winning. It was a tough, no-nonsense approach based on years of documented scientific research. The techniques it taught me showed a path to making me a "winner in life." Looking back, Denis was my first “coach” and began my interest in coaching.
- I actually avoided a huge failure when I decided my strengths would not be best utilized being a CEO of a Health System - my boss’ job. Since that was always my goal, I needed a plan “B”. I started with a conversation with my boss, who was instrumental in helping me get here!
- The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
- Week Twelve Assignment – Learn from the Mirror of Relationships
- After completing this exercise, are you truly happy with your job. Is it time for a plan “B”?
- Week Thirteen Assignment – Surrender
- Take some time this week to notice the amount of energy you spend trying to keep from “failing” in a job you know deep down is not right for you. What does the struggle rob you of? What actions would you need to take in order to surrender and accept this situation exactly as it is? Start your plan “B”!
- If not you, maybe you see this in someone you work with and care about. Do you care enough to help them surrender?
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog and clicking on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.
- Thanks to
Garret Callahanfor commenting last week. He gets to choose another Simple Truths Book/DVD of his choice.
To date, we have 157 subscribers. My goal is 1,000 by year end. Invite a friend or colleague this week.