I remember reading one of Stephen Covey’s books that asked: “What happens when you are climbing the ladder of success and find that the ladder is up against the wrong wall.” Once you have the courage to climb down (or are asked to climb down), take a fresh look at what you really…really…really…really…want in your life right now.
I recently received a note from someone who reminded me of this story that I passed along in one of our coaching sessions (verbatim comments in quotes). It took a while, but they discovered that “in life there are many ladders – professionally but also personally and that with the amazing support of family, friends and faith, I have encountered ladders that I never even knew existed.” Elaine and I have the pleasure of being part of these “moments” when fear is transformed to “happiness and enthusiasm” and we are grateful!
Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
- My favorite quote for the week of November 8th – 14th: “Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you.” Madeline Bridges
- Last week, I talked about creating your Unique Ability. It fits this week’s quote because it represents the best you have been giving to those who appreciate you the most. Once you “discover” it, what could you do to get better at it? What could you read, study or do to practice your Unique Ability more often?
- I had the opportunity to meet someone this week that is in transition in his professional life. I gave him the assignment of gathering his unique ability data and composing his unique ability statement. What better way to attract a job that would maximize the utilization of your unique ability? When interviewing, decide how much you’ll be able to use your unique ability in this new role. The more you can . . . the more successful you’ll be.
- The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
- Week Forty-Four: What’s Your Excuse?
- One of your fellow bloggers wrote me about her use of Wayne Dyer’s work: Excuses Begone. “It is a whole lot easier to make up excuses than to try sometimes. But when you act without excuses, what a sense of ownership over the journey”. Wise words!!!
- Week Forty-Five: What’s Your Story?
- Each of has a story – a personal or professional drama – that defines our limitations. It tells us what we can or cannot do and how much love, success and happiness we’re entitled to. Look at last week’s excuse, the part it plays in your story, and rewrite it in such a way that it opens you up to new possibilities. Then choose the rewrite when your drama repeats itself in your head.
- Who might help you? Don’t keep them waiting.
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog (click on this blog’s heading – Wake Up the Passionate Leader above) and click on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.
- Last week, a client related a story of the power of the DISC / Success Discovery Process. She initiated it with someone who had been a challenging relationship for her. The timing was right and this person opened up to her and a breakthrough occurred. This person’s performance has improved to such an extent, that if it is sustained, she will recommend this person for a promotion. Nice work!!!
To date, we have 257 subscribers. Our goal is 1,000 by year end. We need your help!!! Invite a friend, colleague or sign up your team this week.