I hope you take the time to read the last item today, a contribution from one of your fellow bloggers. I’ll let his message bring you inspiration this week.
- Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
- My favorite quotes for the two weeks of October 18th – 24th: “If one advances confidently in the direction of their dreams and endeavors to live the life they have imagined, they will meet success unexpected in common hours. Henry David Thoreau
- What are you dreaming about? As we have discussed, we read The Passion Test as part of our leadership process. The first assignment is making a list of 10 – 15 of the most important things you can think of which would give you a life of joy, passion and fulfillment. Begin each one with a verb relating to being, doing or having which completes the sentence: When my life is ideal, I am_________________________. (When you are clear, what you want will show up in your life and only to the extent you are clear).
- The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
- Week Forty-One: Indulge
- Which indulgence did you choose? I made a home-cooked Wegmans Menu Magazine meal, which Elaine and I enjoyed immensely. I made enough to give leftovers to family members as well.
- Week Forty-Two: Integrity
- Integrity is the foundation of a successful life. When our behaviors, actions and choices are consistent with our deepest values, we gain the courage to be ourselves and the confidence to ask for what we need.
- To the extent that we haven’t cleaned up past integrity issues, it will undermine the love, success and abundance we desire. Look back over the last couple of years at a relationship or situation where you haven’t acted with complete integrity.
- Ask yourself: “What could I do to bring this situation back into balance and restore my own sense of integrity?” Could you write a letter, deliver an apology or contribute in some way to someone in need? This action could involve the person directly, but it doesn’t have to.
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog (click on this blog’s heading – Wake Up the Passionate Leader above) and click on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.
- Hello fellow Bloggers, This past week I shared the Dewitt Jones video “Celebrate What’s Right with the World” with my team again. I’ve seen the video over and over and it only seems to get better each time I watch it. After seeing it for a second time, my folks are feeling the same way. Far too often I feel as though society is very accepting of catching people doing things wrong and this video takes you in a completely different direction. It really encourages you to go out and find what’s right with the world, in our work place or in our homes for that matter. On any given day, there’s a heck of a lot more right than there is wrong, but too often we don’t spend the time or energy looking for those positive moments. The video was so compelling and “true” that many of my folks had tears in their eyes. Rest assured that it’s not because they’re feeling guilty of passing up positive opportunities, it’s because Dewitt helps us realize that every person and situation has beauty in it. It’s up to us to look for it and then make a big deal out of it. I would highly encourage all of you to share this video with your team, a client, your family or to watch it all by your lonesome. It’s sure to invigorate and enlighten even the “tough as nails” leaders. Thanks to Tom for introducing us to this video and making it available to us, too.
To date, we have 252 subscribers. Our goal is 1,000 by year end. We need your help!!! Invite a friend, colleague or sign up your team this week.