I went to see Michael Moore’s movie: “Capitalism: A Love story” on Friday night. While he goes to extremes to make his point, there are a lot of businesses and business people who only care about themselves. It makes our commitment to be leaders with integrity and the common good in mind even more important. We must be true to our values and build organizations that are consistently striving to articulate and strive for the “desired values” of all our employees.
To that end, I am looking forward to taking one of my clients to Washington, D.C. next month for a presentation given by my colleague,
- Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
- My favorite quotes for the week of October 25th – 31st: “Sometimes we all need to realize that negative thoughts have no power. We empower them.” Kurt Gold
- I had the privilege of attending the two-day launch retreat of The Soul Purpose Institute given by Steve D’Annunzio. Steve and I both believe that leadership is an inside job, not only because of what is going on in the world, but more importantly what is going on in our heads. With Steve’s help, my intention is built upon my spiritual disciplines helping me be more positive in my choices, thoughts, words and actions.
- The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
- Week Forty-Two: Integrity
- I hope you were successful in balancing or restoring your own sense of integrity over a situation or relationship that needed repair.
- Week Forty-Three: Have Faith
- At every moment – and especially in times of challenge – each of us is confronted with an important choice. Will we react out of fear or will we choose instead to be guided out of faith (love). Surrendering to faith is an act of courage. We must trust that all will turn out in our highest and best interest.
- Try what Steve D’Annunzio suggests – say: “what would love do now” or “remember God, choose love and create value.”
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog (click on this blog’s heading – Wake Up the Passionate Leader above) and click on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.
- I did a team day this week with a start-up team. Their XLR8 Teams!!! Assessment scores were unusually high for such a new team - with a new leader - who was just promoted to this position. It became clear that he had used a significant amount of the tools and techniques he is experiencing in the XLR8 YOU!!! “Leadership Excellence” process. While they still have work to do, I have no doubt they will follow through with the actions they committed to.
To date, we have 254 subscribers. Our goal is 1,000 by year end. We need your help!!! Invite a friend, colleague or sign up your team this week.