We have done a number of XLR8 Teams!!!
- Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
- My favorite quote for the week of August 9th – 16th: “The history of free men is never really written by chance but by choice; their choice.” – President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- One of the popular team relationship building exercises is the Lifeline. You draw a horizontal line in the middle of a blank piece of paper with “birth” on the far left edge and “X” a couple of inches from the right edge representing today. You then look over your life and place dots representing times in your life that helped to define who you are and what you have become.
- Those are the times when you had to make critical choices. Leaders make choices that build off the “learnings” that the high or low point represented. Are you at one of those points now? What are your choices? Choose wisely!
- The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
- Week Thirty-One: Seize the Day
- How did you seize the day! Share it with a comment below.
- Week Thirty-Two: Admit You’re Wrong
- Whenever two people are at odds with one another, it’s usually because both people are trying to be right. This week, notice what your need to be right costs you in terms of energy, intimacy and peace of mind. Ask yourself what’s more important - being right or being happy!
- Take Wayne Dyer’s advice – the six words that can bring you more peace and happiness: “You know, you’re right about that.”
- This was also on Marshall Goldsmith’s Happiness List – “How many times did I try to prove I was right when it wasn’t worth it”.
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog (click on this blog’s heading – Wake Up the Passionate Leader above) and click on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.
- A Leadership Team did a great job writing their inspirational statement to an XLR8Forward addressing their lowest score on their XLR8Teams!!! Assessment.
- Respectfully resolving conflict openly and honestly is important to model our expected behaviors, remove barriers and understand each other’s motivations while boosting morale & allowing us to move forward with buy-in and support of the team!
- Next, they will pay attention to when this does happen, tell a story sharing their feelings and most memorable aspect of the experience. Lastly, they will suggest Start/Stop/Continues on how the team and they personally can do better.
To date, we have 211 subscribers. My goal is 1,000 by year end. We need your help!!! Invite a friend, colleague or sign up your team this week.