Monday, February 8, 2010

XLR8 The Passionate Leader: G + L + F = JOY!!!

Weekly Inspiration: You Can Do It! (click) Affirmation by Louise Hay from her 2010 calendar:

· “I am the master or mistress of my life.” This one hit me right between the eyes this week. While we all might depend on our employer or clients for a livelihood, we must take personal responsibility for our own personal and professional development.

· Taken to a higher level, we should not allow anyone else but ourselves determine who we are and how we should bring our Greatness to the world. Here’s a great daily quote from Abraham-Hicks that I received this week. “When a child has a dream and a parent says, ‘it’s not financially feasible; you can’t make a living at that; don’t do it’, we say to the child, run away from home…You must follow your dream. You will never be joyful if you don’t. Your dream may change, but you’ve got to stay after your dreams. You have to!!!”

Your Happiness List – How to live your passions daily:

Over the last several weeks, I have listed my revised passions and markers as a reminder and example for you to do the same annually. I now have them on a postcard that I keep in several spots where I will look at them every day. This week, I interpreted them into daily reminders - my happiness list of how I want to bring them more fully into my life. Since I am working on life balance, they cover physical, mental, emotional and spiritual practices.

  1. I weigh myself, eat a healthy breakfast and exercise at home/gym and it motivates me.
  2. I eat healthy foods but, at times, enjoy small amounts of my “comfort” foods.
  3. I take time to write today.
  4. I “do the work” today, and I am making progress.

I read this every night before I go to sleep to “marinate” it in my thoughts and dreams. I read it again when I wake up to start off my day with passion. Try it.


XLR8 The Passionate Leader: The New Formula for Business: G + L + F = JOY!!! (This is the first excerpt from Chapter 2)

Why Is Change So Difficult?

Can it be more effortless … In Search of Adventure?

For me, the bottom line is why change? It’s not a matter of motivation (from the outside), but rather inspiration (from the inside). Nobody addresses the subject better than this…

When you are inspired by some great purpose,

some extraordinary project,

all your thoughts break their bonds;

Your mind transcends limitations,

your consciousness expands in every direction,

and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world.

Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive,

and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far

than you ever dreamed yourself to be.

Patanjali (300-100 B.C.)


When I first saw this poem in Wayne Dyer’s 2002 book: Wisdom of the Ages, I knew that great purpose referred to our purpose. Not only that, it confirmed the direction of our coaching which is to help leaders define their purpose as part of the XLR8 YOU!!! “Leadership Excellence” process. I start my opening presentation at Leadership Week with it. Wayne Dyer also recited it to close his “Wishes Fulfilled” presentation at the movies last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment