Weekly Inspiration: You Can Do It! (click) Affirmation by Louise Hay from her 2010 calendar:
- “I have perfect teachers in my life. I learn something constructive from every teacher in my life, even if it is learning how not to live.” I wrote my thoughts on this and was going through my e-mail and somebody sent me something that was much better, so here it is. She doesn’t know who wrote this, but I suppose it doesn’t really matter.
- Rules for being human:
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time information school called” Life”. Each day in this school, you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant or stupid.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that "works."
- A lesson is repeated until learned. It will be presented in various forms until you have learned it. Then you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons DOES NOT END.
Special Edition #2: What is Tiger teaching us?
I’m redoing my website. It will start with a very simple message:
Ultimately, we are all on the planet to find happiness. As leaders, we have chosen to serve others and to leave the world a better place through our work. We would like to invite you to a more effortless journey – your “In Search for Adventure,” guided by the formula … G + L + F = JOY!!! First and foremost, our goal is to XLR8 YOU!!! and your business with more clarity and focus with your “G” (God, Genius, Greatness). This leads to “L”, loving yourself by doing what you love in service of those who love what you do. In doing so, the “F” is your barometer, since life should be fun. When in sync, it all adds up to pure JOY!
Since I’m a sports nut, I watch ESPN and other sports programs. Many say that the only way for Tiger to “come back” is to start golfing and winning again. Is golfing Tiger’s “G”? He certainly is great at it. What if it was his father’s obsession and he simply found the perfect student? My dad wanted me to be an engineer, but flunking out of engineering school due to lack of interest and ability took care of that early! Are you doing what YOU want with your life?
These same reporters talk about not really knowing Tiger. I think it’s pretty clear that Tiger doesn’t know Tiger … how could we? This is where his real work lies, gaining clarity and focus around loving himself, then determining how he will take his many gifts and opportunities to serve those who love what he does. The only way to accomplish that is being “clean”. Are you clean?
The life that Tiger projected indicated he was having lots of “F”, fun. Now we know that is not the case. His barometer actually could have told him his life was way out of sync, IF he was paying attention. For many of us, we will do something to screw things up, just when we thought we had what we wanted. Guess what, you’ll need to dig a little deeper, but it’s worth it because it will add up to your pure JOY!