Sunday, August 22, 2010

XLR8 The Passionate Leader (G + L + F = JOY!!!)

Weekly Inspiration: You Can Do It! (click) Affirmation by Louise Hay from her 2010 calendar:

  • “Every morning I remind myself that I can make the choice to feel good. This is a new habit for me to cultivate.” Over the years, many of my self-help coaches have reinforced that how you start your day is important. I like what my colleague, Steve D’Annunzio, calls it - taking time for your spiritual practices.
  • For me, this includes exercise, going over my `”XLR8 My Power” statement, my passions and my happiness list, and lastly meditating. I’ve passed along Steve’s short video to several clients recently – it being the missing piece of their spiritual practices. Maybe it is for you also. Try it! How to Meditate - click

XLR8 YOU!!! – An invitation to our vision:

For all of us to awaken to the magnificence of our limitless possibilities.

Here’s the last installment on using your unique ability to “XLR8” down the road to JOY!!! in our formula that begins with “G” - more clarity and focus on your God, Genius, and/or Greatness. Again, if after you identify your Unique Ability you are only spending 10% of your time practicing it consciously (the average time most of us do), it will take a long time to get to that 10,000 hours of focus. What would your job engagement be like if you could double it?!

Try this very simple exercise to help you place more focus on your Unique Ability.

  1. Grab a blank piece of paper and write your Unique Ability statement on the top.
    1. Next, write in bold letters: What are my 10 best habits?” that I have in support of my Unique Ability. List as many as you get right now. Then pay attention over the next few days to see how you might add to this list. Hopefully, you can list 10, if not, that’s okay.
    2. You’ll find that these habits are: easy to do, you love doing them, they are very energizing, and you keep getting better at them.

  1. Now on another blank piece of paper, draw a 4” diameter circle in the middle of the page. Inside, write down your list of your 10 best habits. Over the next week or so, write down those things you do on a regular basis that is not part of your 10 best habits.

Since there are only so many hours in your day, the only way to get more Unique Ability practice time, is to delegate or stop doing those tasks you do outside the circle. As you find more time, go back to the exercise detailed in my last blog and start doing more intentional things to hone your Unique Ability skills.

I have found this exercise very different from a traditional “delegation” exercise. Most of us would admit that we should delegate more, and do so after this exercise because of the inherent motivation to do more of your Unique Ability. Try it and let me know if it was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment