Valentine’s Greetings! I’m sure you share my gratitude for all of the love that surrounds you. For those familiar with my G + L + F = JOY formula, the “L”, love, is central. It goes beyond loving those around you by starting with loving yourself. Then, loving what you do in service of those who love what you do is the icing on the cake! Don’t forget to subscribe (box to the right) to get new blog postings directly. Sign up your whole team and share your thoughts and experiences together every week.
- Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year: Watch the Video @ Inspiration 365
- My favorite quote for the week of February 15th – 22nd: It’s not where you start – it’s where you finish that counts – Zig Ziglar
- This quote reminds me of how we start Leadership Week – completing our lifeline. We draw a line on a sheet of paper that begins with our birth and ends at a point 10 years past our current age. Above the line are positive experiences; below are the negative ones. On that page, place an “X” at the points in your life (above the line are positive; below the line are negative) that to you represent major turning points in defining who you are.
- I’m always amazed by people’s stories and the situations that have been overcome to get us where we are today and what we are looking toward in the future. Many people have taken this exercise back to their teams. If you’re one of those who have, please make a comment and share your experience.
- The Best Year of Your Life:
- Week Six Assignment – Become the Person You Want to Be
- If you haven’t already, tell those folks you chose what qualities you admire in them. Then, practice “feedforward” – ask them how you could develop more of that quality.
- Week Seven Assignment – Question Your Beliefs
- The conclusions we form as a result of our life experiences become the beliefs we hold about ourselves, others and the world.
- This fits into the quote for the week. Look over your lifeline and ask:
- What belief did I form as a result of one of the experiences I made with an “X”?
- Does this belief serve me today . . . in a positive or negative way?
- How do I change the negative belief?
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – Sharing Best Practices:
- In my travels this week, someone showed me a terrific vision board. They used a manila folder with an important picture on the front, with cut-out pictures and drawings taped and drawn in the inside. It was simple but elegant. He is leading a new team and was going to use this exercise and a way for the team to get to know each other. Brilliant!
- Please make a “comment” about a great leadership experience you had this week!
Subscribe & share your comments please!!! To date, we have 104 subscribers. Click on the mailbox below and invite a friend.