One of the selections on the Leadership Values Assessment list is “Humor/Fun”. So if that’s an important Leadership value for you, enjoy the latest Simple Truths book/video: Laughter is an Instant Vacation for some humorous quotes of life.
Send it to a friend, but don’t mistake sarcasm with humor/fun. SACRCASM SUCKS! It’s barely acceptable with your peers, but let us assure you, it completely turns off those folks who report to you. We must have had 6 – 7 stories this week alone from folks whose boss used sarcasm. IT WAS NOT APPRECIATED. It does not show respect. STOP IT!!! (Yes I’m yelling at you – and myself as well.)
- Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
- My favorite quote for the week of May 11th – 17th: “The way you see your future determines your thinking today. Your thinking today determines your performance today. Your performance in the todays of your life determines your future.” – Zig Ziglar.
- I’ve been reading Napoleon Hill’s Golden Rules – The Lost Writings. He wrote: Think and Grow Rich in 1937, which has sold 60 million copies! He summarizes 7 timeless lessons which I will highlight over the next seven weeks. Coaches have been using these timeless lessons in one form or another ever since.
- Lesson # 1: You can use auto-suggestion to persuade yourself to achieve your goals. These suggestions you deliberately make to yourself about your future will determine your performance. What are you telling yourself?
- The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
- Week Eighteen Assignment – Turn Off Your Shadow Box!
- You can shut down your shadow box using Lesson # 1 - telling yourself what you want to accomplish several times a day especially before you go to sleep at night.
- Week Nineteen Assignment – Feed Your Internal Flame
- Using Lesson #1’s auto-suggestion, choose something you want – something simple or more complicated like realizing your personal mission. Write it out and commit it to memory. Repeat it several times a day - especially when you wake up and go to sleep. Speak it while looking in the mirror. You will attract the right forces, people and things you will need to achieve it.
- Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog (click on this blog’s heading - Wake Up the Passionate Leader above) and click on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.
- It’s your turn this week. Share a story of how using Lesson #1 worked for you. There are plenty of skeptics who think this is bull.
- If you do, I’ll send you Napoleon Hill’s book.
To date, we have 180 subscribers. My goal is 1,000 by year end. We need your help!!! Invite a friend, colleague or sign up your team this week.