Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week 25 - XLR8 The Passionate Leader

THANKS to everyone who purchased Wake Up …Live the Life You Love: Empowered at Barnes & Noble. We made it as high as #4 overall as well as #1 in the self-help category. If you haven’t already, please make sure you tell me you bought a book so I can send you your free copy.


  • Zig Ziglar’s Inspiration: 365 Days A Year
    • My favorite quote for the week of June 22nd – 28th: “Regardless of your lot in life, you can build something beautiful on it.” – Zig Ziglar
      • Lesson #7 from Napoleon Hill’s Golden Rules – The Lost Writings (If you would like the Audio-tech summary PDF file – e-mail me). The Golden Rule IS the key to all achievement. This was never more evident for me until I went out on my own as a coach/consultant. Looking back on it, the Golden Rule has been fundamental to not only in making that transition but our continuing success.


  • The Best Year of Your Life: Get Debbie Ford's Kit
    • Week Twenty-Four Assignment – Feed Yourself
      • For those that have started reading our book, I hope our stories of being empowered will inspire you to your own state of being EMPOWERED!
    • Week Twenty Five Assignment – Lavish Love
      • Given that Father’s Day is tomorrow (I’m writing this on Saturday since I will be busy lavishing and soaking in the love we share as a family), don’t miss the opportunity to let people know how you feel about them. Remember, we always do our best as a parent even though it may be far from perfect.


  • Creating a Culture of Leadership Development – A Drop for Your Bucket!!! Send an electronic drop or comment by going to the blog (click on this blog’s heading – Wake Up the Passionate Leader above) and click on the “comment” icon at the end of this week’s posting.

o I had the opportunity to visit with some folks who have taken on a new leadership assignment. They all were very respectful of what the previous leader accomplished and they were energized by what they discovered were their opportunities to improve the results. What struck me was how easy it is to get into a routine and not be open to so many ideas that are obvious to someone who replaces us. We should all have the courage to go back and see what “low hanging fruit” was right under our noses that someone else acted upon.


To date, we have 196 subscribers. My goal is 1,000 by year end. We need your help!!! Invite a friend, colleague or sign up your team this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment